SR-71A Blackbird (Testors) Build #24 – Not Quite Ready for “Good Enough” & I Kick Back

When looking close at the surface, I discovered that troweling on the clear flat had unforeseen consequences. Look at all those crazed lines:

In addition to the crazed surface, also notice that each of the decals has a border that doesn’t match the paint. Between the two, that has to go (actually, either by itself would be enough).

And go they did…ALL OF IT:

And that’s how I spent most of February…rubbing things down with alcohol and sanding. And the end result after painting it again is this:

Okay. This I can work with. Next is to put down (reworked) decals again. But this time I think I’m gonna try something a little bit different…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: