Gemini (Revell) Build #2 – Starting on the PE interior parts

With the glue (finally) set, I masked off the surface to minimize having to clean putty away from unnecessary surfaces and applied the putty:

2016-08-23 09

I added the mounts for the ejection seats to the rear bulkhead:

2016-08-23 05 2016-08-23 06

Then I started on the ejection seats themselves. When I first cut the parts free, I wondered how much of a drill this was going to turn out to be:

2016-08-23 01

LVM Studios, the people who produced this AM set really engineered it beautifully. The parts fell together as much as something this complex can. The scored panels made making all the bends SO much easier:

2016-08-23 03 2016-08-23 02 2016-08-23 04

The first one went together easily using superglue; no solder. So I made the second one and dry-fit them to their mounts (I’ll attach them permanently after painting them):

2016-08-23 07 2016-08-23 08

The (surprisingly) easy part done, I’ll turn my attention to cleaning up the exterior next. I suspect that won’t be easy at all.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: